Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rep Monique Davis Must Resign Immediately

Let’s imagine for one moment that I am a state representative for Illinois. Furthermore let’s imagine that during a public hearing I say this:

“I don’t know what you have against Christianity, but some of us don’t have much against it. We look forward to God and his blessings. And it’s really a tragedy -- it’s tragic -- when a person who is engaged in anything related to Christianity, they want to fight. They want to fight Christian prayer in school.”

And let’s imagine that the person to whom I address these words is Jewish.

So my question is this, how long could I hold on to my public office position before I was forced to resign for my clear and obvious bigotry? I suspect that the answer is “not very long at all”.

But in this case Rep. Monique Davis gets to keep her position because luckily enough the person to whom she was so insulting to was a godless Atheist bastard and therefore deserving of such treatment. So Davis gets to stay because bigotry is okay if you direct it towards someone who has actually taken time to rationalize and think about existence, not followed like a sheep and abandoned all rational thought and accepted god as a matter of faith.

I know who should be treated with more respect and I suspect that you do to.

I am calling for the immediate resignation of Rep. Davis. This behavior is intolerable.

RAmen

0 comments: